Here’s the Note:
We know…that a great event without the activity of God’s Spirit is just a fleeting moment; with God’s hand at work and his response to your prayers, tomorrow can be more than the opportunity for good publicity for The Bridge–it can be the day eternities are changed as people meet Jesus.
To that end, we’d ask you to pray as you think of us today and tomorrow for…
- …the anointing of the Holy Spirit on our volunteers, leaders, and prayer team — that none of us would operate solely in our own power.
- …safety and security — a similar event in the community was discontinued due to vandalism and we certainly don’t want the same thing to happen here; our desire is for people to feel secure and to leave the park where we’re hosting the event in even better shape than we find it.
- …deep connections — we want to build relationships and make meaningful connections with those we come in contact with tomorrow.
- …seeds to be planted — what if the people we interact with find their hearts drawn and mind consistently turned to what they saw and experienced among the Christ followers who will be present? What if a few minutes at a free event brings them to that place where they realize the ‘something more’ they’ve been seeking was seen in the lives of others who know Jesus?
- …people to know Christ — what greater joy could there be than seeing people come to know Jesus? Please pray that we are able to relevantly articulate the hope we have to those who are ready to receive it.
This is going to be a red-letter day for us, The Bridge, and our volunteers; thanks for being part of it! I can’t wait to tell you how tomorrow goes.