This past weekend, my generous, amazing, nine-months pregnant wife was willing to let me take the weekend away to spend some quiet time for prayer and solitude. During that time, I felt like my soul was refreshed and that some nuggets of wisdom were given to me to digest…lessons that you may find valuable, too–maybe messages from God’s heart to yours:
- You already have God’s favor–He sent Jesus for you. He desires you. He is FOR you. You don’t need to pursue God’s favor because he isn’t withholding it; it’s freely given.
- You must have more of God’s Spirit–God favors you to the max, but you must have more of his Spirit convicting, encouraging, transforming, enabling, and anointing you. Don’t settle for yesterday’s victories and intimacy.
- Your weakness is a positive game-changer–“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me (2 Corinthians 12:9, TNIV).
- Your definition of ‘success’ is probably twisted–It seems God’s question for defining success is, “Were you faithful with what I gave you.” Not how famous, big, powerful, dynamic, or amazing you were. Were you FAITHFUL?
- You do not have to change the world or ‘create a movement’–Jesus already did that. Join in what he’s doing and you’ll find success (see above).
- Healing is freely available–Jesus secured your healing and wants to see you made whole, but the process of healing can hurt…so count the cost.
- Sometimes you just need time with your Friend–With no agendas, no big requests, no need to ‘accomplish’ anything, sometimes you just need to spend time with your Friend and King; there is a kind of soul salve that can only be found in times like this.